2. How do we use your information
- Process your order and communicate with you about the goods or services you have ordered from us (your details may be passed on to a third party for them to supply or deliver products you have ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfill any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees, etc).
- Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details including your credit/debit card information) for a reasonable period of time and we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions).
- Update our records and maintain your account with us.
- Recommend offers and merchandise that may be of interest to you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Improve the content and appearance of our website, to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- With a view to understanding our customer’s needs better, we will, with your permission, retain the information you have provided us and the details of any purchases you have made to enable us to offer products and services that are likely to be of interest to you.
Subject to the section titled “Additional EEA Disclosures” below, we may share the information we collect about you with certain third parties in the following ways:
- We will share your information with PayPal,Google, Facebook, Our Logistics partener, and other service providers. We will provide these third parties with certain categories of your information including: Financial Data and Transaction Data, email addresses, contact information, mailing addresses, shipping addresses, gender, order information, and shopping preferences. In some cases we may share your information with these parties for direct marketing purposes. Please note that we do not have access to credit card or other sensitive financial information, which is handled directly by PayPal or our other payment solution provider . Please refer to the privacy policies and other terms of these financial providers for information on how your information will be used.
3. HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through: Direct interactions: You may give us your information by signing up to our online newsletter and/or providing your contact information for other promotional materials, purchasing a product via our Services, registering an account with our Services, contacting one of our customer support agents, providing information in a survey or sweepstakes, or contacting us. This includes information you provide when you:
- create an account with the Services;
- subscribe to our Services, newsletter, catalogs, brochures, or other publications;
- register for a survey or sweepstakes;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- purchase a product via the Services; or
- give us feedback.
Automated technologies or interactions: As you interact with our Services, we may automatically collect Technical Data and other related information about your interactions with the Services. Some of the ways in which we or our Services may collect information are further described below:
- Interest- Advertising: We may engage third-party vendors to collect and use your information from our Services in connection with information they have independently collected on other digital properties to deliver targeted advertising to you when you visit other websites and applications. Cookies, described above, may be used in this process. For example, if you are searching for information on a particular product, our vendor may cause an advertisement to appear on other websites you view with information on that product. This form of advertising is called “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising.” We believe that such advertising is helpful because you will see ads that are relevant to your interests. However, if you would like to opt-out of these interest-based advertisements, please see the Opt-Out section below.
- Clickstream Data: As you use the Internet, a trail of electronic information is left at each website you visit. This information, sometimes referred to as a “clickstream data,” can be collected and stored by a website. For example, clickstream data can tell a website the type of operating system and browser you use and the website you visited immediately before arriving at it. The Website may collect and use clickstream data as a form of aggregate information to determine how much time visitors spend on each page of our Website, how visitors navigate throughout the Website, and how we may tailor our Website to better meet the needs of visitors. This information often will be used to improve our Website and our Services. Any collection or use of clickstream data will be de-identified and aggregated.
- Location Data: The Website, when given permission, will collect the location (including the latitude and longitude coordinates) of your device. We use this information to help us improve the Website in order to set the Website to the relevant city.
4. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Your provision of your Personal Information to us is completely voluntary. “Personal Information” is information that can specifically identify you. When we say, “Personal Information” or “Personal Data,” we mean information that relates to you and can specifically identify you as an individual. We do not collect Personal Information unless you submit or provide that information to us. Categories of Personal Information we may collect include:
- Identity Data, which includes name or other similar online identifiers.
- Contact Data, which includes address (including shipping address), email address and telephone numbers.
Additionally, we may also collect certain other types of information that, along with Identity Data and Contact Data, may be considered and specifically named “Personal Data” in certain jurisdictions, including the European Economic Area (“EEA”), such as:
- Financial Data, which includes credit card, debit card, or other payment details.
- Transaction Data, which includes details about your order history and payments to and from you.
- Technical Data, which includes internet protocol (IP) address, location data, your login data, and device and browser information.
- Profile Data, which includes your username and password, as well as your account preferences.
- Marketing and Communications Data, which includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us.
5. Data Retention
6. Children’s Privacy
The Services are not directed to children under 16 years of age, and Absolute Pashmina does not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under 16 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, you must have your parent’s permission to access the Services. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at [email protected] If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 16, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.